The World's most famous food fight
La Tomatina is the most international party in Spain, it is always celebrated on the last Wednesday of August, in the Valencian town of Buñol.
This amazing festival began in 1945 when young people interrupted a the Giants and Big-Heads traditional parade and a participant confronted them with tomatoes. Today Tomatina is one of the most deeply-rooted traditions in Spain.
La Tomatina congregates 22,000 people and 160 tons of tomato each year. A war that dyes the streets of Buñol of a delicious red colour in an event declared as a Festival of International Tourist Interest.
Do you want to join the famous tomato shoot and meet people from all over the world? Buy your tickets here and take advantage of the extras we offer.
Entrance for Tomatina 2019 (other extras are now available)
Exchange this voucher at the meeting point indicated in the voucher.
- -La Tomatina starts at 11:00 and ends at 12:00 outside these hours it is not allowed to throw any tomato.
- -It is not allowed to enter or throw bottles or other objects of hard consistency.
- -Respect others: breaking or throwing shirts (yours or someone else's) is not permitted.
- -Throw as many tomatoes as you can, the war has begun!
- -The festival is in August, therefore we advise you to drink a lot of water, protect yourself with sun cream and do not expose yourself to the sun more than necessary.
- -Watch your belongings
- -Squeeze the tomatoes a little in your hand before throwing them to avoid hurting the rest of the participants.
Tickets for La Tomatina de Buñol
Don't you know where to store your belongings? Would you like to replenish forces after the battle with a delicious paella?
Choose the Ticket option that you like and complete the experience in your own way!
Remember that we can take you from your city to Buñol with the "Travel Tickets" option.